Press Release: How do we explain the persistent and blatant injustices that are done in the name of law and order? How do we pretend there are still integrity, justice and fairness in the courts, the AG’s Chambers and the police force?
In order to put the abysmal state of affairs in perspective, LFL has compiled a Top 10 list of Enemies of the Administration of Justice:
- Hishammuddin Hussein, Home Minister
- Abdul Gani Patail, Attorney-General
- Musa Hassan and Ismail Omar, former and current Inspector-General of Police
- Mohd Bakri Zinin, Federal CID director
- Yusof Zainal Abiden, Solicitor General II, chief prosecutor in Anwar’s case
- Zaki bin Azmi, Chief Justice and former UMNO legal adviser
- Mohd Zabidin Mohd Diah, High Court Judge in Anwar’s case
- The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission
- Corrupt and unprincipled “doctors” like Siew Sheue Feng and Razali Ibrahim of HKL (Anwar’s case) and Abdul Karim Tajuddin of Serdang Hospital (A.Kugan’s case) who work hand in glove with the AG’s Chambers and the police to manipulate evidence including medical and post-mortem reports.
- The Lembaga Penasihat under the PM’s Department that acts as a “special court” for cases under the ISA, Emergency (Public Order and Prevention of Crime) Ordinance and Dangerous Drugs (Special Preventive Measures) Act. The Lembaga Penasihat is therefore responsible for perpetuating the detention without trial of thousands of detainees.
The best explanation that perhaps sums up the continuing perversion of justice is from Franz Kafka:
“Whatever impression he makes on us, he is the servant of the Law. He belongs to the Law and is not answerable to human judgment.”
Lawyers for Liberty
(Statement released in conjunction with World Human Rights Day, 10 December 2010)